Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Marathon

I'm not going to lie - as a 4-time marathoner, the Youth Relay Team is just about my favorite activity we do at King Street. Oh sure, I love technology and tutoring, but slip on a pair of sneakers and have a run on the bikepath with a teen? Perfect.

And perfect is just about the best way to describe Sunday's run. Well, minus the rain and the heat and the humidity, but really, we didn't even notice it. Some shots from our day:

Alex, our assistant coach, and Mohamed, who ran the 3rd leg (And I quote, "You didn't tell me it would be so LONG! I kept running and running, and I thought it would never end!"):
Arden, our official baby-mascot for the day:Me, waiting for at the finish:
Abdi, just after finishing the 5th leg, right around 11:30:
And, four very tired runners, enjoying their post-race creemees!






No comments: